John Moore and I spoke with Gregg Masters on Blog Talk Radio today about the HITECH Act provisions in ARRA, certification of electronic health records systems, and the meaning of “meaningful use.”
The Meaningful Use “matrix” laying out the five-year plan, laying out care goals, objectives and measures across five health outcomes policy priorities is available on the Health IT at HHS website. Those policy priorities:
- Improve quality, safety, efficiency and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and families
- Improve care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Ensure adequate privacy and security protections for personal health information
The alphabet soup of government workgroups is working fast to firm up these and other definitions, which will help break up the logjam in EHR investment and implementation.
Have a listen and let us know what you think.
The Harlow Group LLC
Health Care Law and Consulting