Inquiring minds want to know — and your faithful HealthBlawger has been interviewed here and there recently about all sorts of data security, ransomware and HIPAA audit issues.
Here’s a sampling:
- What a ‘backdoor’ to encrypted devices would mean for health data security (American Health Line; Advisory Board Daily Briefing) (See also my post on Apple vs. FBI before the FBI called the whole thing off)
- Is Ransomware Considered a Health Data Breach Under HIPAA? (Forbes.com)
- Should ransomware attacks be considered breaches? (Health Data Management)
- OCR unleashes second wave of HIPAA audits (Healthcare IT News) (See also my post on the HIPAA audits with a link to the announcement; and this post with a link to the new HIPAA audit protocol)
- HIPAA audit program serious business, expert says (HIT Squad podcast on SearchHealthIT.com)
- Technology companies are racing to track patients’ behavior in real time (STAT)